Microneedling with Human Growth Factors builds on the cell and collagen generating dynamics of traditional microneedling, providing advanced skin rejuvenation and restoration by introducing active peptides, growth factors, and proteins into the skin via a minimally invasive treatment using tiny needles. What kind of results can you expect, and what is the difference between Human Growth Factor and the pop culture known “Vampire Facial?” Let’s dive into it.
What’s the difference between Microneedling with Human Growth Factor and a Vampire Facial?
Thanks to the Kardashians and other high-profile celebs, many people have become familiar with the “Vampire Facial.” What exactly is it, and how does it differ from Microneedling with Human Growth Factor?
Microneedling by itself is just using the microneedling pen with the addition of any injectable or topical. In the case of our procedure, we utilize a serum that contains the highest level of Human Growth Factors available on the market. In addition, the serum is stable and consistent, allowing for consistent results without introducing any unknowns.
A Vampire Facial, however, is doing microneedling with the addition of (generally topical) Platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The provider does a blood draw, spins the blood to pull out the plasma, and then either drips topically or injects the plasma during the process of microneedling. The blood aspect is what gives it the nickname of the “Vampire” facial.
Why not PRP (Vampire Facial)?
There are a couple of problems with PRP:
- Any peer-reviewed research available on efficiency is limited and scant at best.
- The process used to harvest the plasma is unregulated and produces uneven results.
- Most practices do not have the right equipment or staff trained to do the process effectively, and this could degrade the plasma or the PRP process.
Benefits of Microneedling with Human Growth Factor
A few of the benefits of microneediling with Human Growth Factor include:
- Stable and consistent in both the product being used and the results
- Easier and more comfortable to experience than PRP
- Better absorption of serums that help your skin
- Maintain healthy skin by stimulating collagen production and encouraging new collagen growth
- Reduction of signs of aging, including age spots, wrinkles, acne scars, and skin pores
What is the process?
The process for microneedling is quite simple. About an hour before, the esthetician will put a topical anesthetic on the area to help numb it. After that has taken effect, the esthetician will do the procedure, which takes about 30 mins, depending on the location. Once complete, you can head out and enjoy the rest of your day. Some patients experience redness or irritation, but nothing that will put them down.
Results vary by person, but most people see improvement in their skin in just a few weeks. Your esthetician will tell you if you need multiple treatments and a combination of other treatments or products to achieve your ultimate goal. How long it lasts depends on several factors, including how severe your skin concern is and how long the new collagen lasts in your skin.